Mold texture surface repair by our team here at St. Paul Engraving will assure you the best possible match.
Our experienced craftsmen and technicians will restore any damaged pattern. Every mold repair is different whether it would be:
- Weld from repairing major damage or engineering changes.
- Rust and gloss repairs
- Texture scuff from minimal draft
- Texture refurbishes
- Parting line burrs or dings
If welding is required, follow the below tips for optimal repair:
- Weld with the same material the mold was made from; i.e P-20, S-7, H-13 or stainless steel. If the same material is not used, the weld may etch at a different rate leaving a witness line around the weld when repairing the texture.
- Molds must be properly heated prior to welding. If not properly heated, it can cause the weld to cool too quickly. If this happens, even when using the same material, it will cause the weld to etch at different rate which would then require stress tempering to normalize the steel to get a constant etch for the best repair result.
With the advances of the laser texturing industry we have developed a laser repair process at St. Paul Engraving that can be used on any mold whether it was laser textured or chemically etched to repair the damaged areas. Through this process we can laser repair the area and blend into the existing texture eliminating any visual defects restoring your tool to a like-new condition.
Please call to discuss any questions or concerns you may have. To ensure the best mold finish repair, please discuss each repair with a SPE consultant before any work has been started. This will ensure proper steps are taken to save time and money. Please include the mold steel type, configuration and texture pattern, and type of damage when consulting with our specialists.
Please call us at 800.741.5966 or email [email protected] for pricing and the fastest turnaround in the business.